The year 2010 is almost at its end, but all eyes are set upon 2011 and all the things that will be coming up: from smartphones to laptops, tablets and slates to the traditional computing devices, etc. And like any other device out there, Apple’s iPad has not freed itself from rumors that make everyone all the more excited.
Rumors about the iPad 2 have been circulating for some time now, but they have especially become more apparent now that 2011 is at hand. These rumors have it that the next edition of the iPad is going to bring about a number of changes in terms of the design and a bit of the internal.
What’ the buzz?
- Thinner bezel
In other words, the next iPad could have a smaller bezel—the black area around the screen, and it won’t teeter-totter or slide around when you press on something along the edges.
- The Flat Back
The next version of the iPad is going to sport a clean-cut flat back. They say that this is going to address the issue of having a few swirl-wobbling tendencies and even slide around when used on a flat surface like a table or a desk. So the next iPad might just look like the iPhone 4, or close.
- Other rumored changes OR improvements
- Other plausible changes include a substantial overhaul to the location of the speaker, which may be moved from the side to the back. This is to keep someone who is holding the device in either portrait or landscape mode from blocking the speaker holes.
- The iPad’s ambient light sensor will also be placed in a different location which is moving from the front of the unit to the back.
- Although 99% of the rumors are saying that the iPad 2 is definitely getting at least one camera, some others are having some second thoughts about it. To them, it still is just a possibility—meaning, it may or may not happen. Crossing fingers….
- Dual-core processor, powerful imaging capabilities, dual support for GSM and the CDMA; these are just a few of the many other things that are circulating about the iPad 2 nowadays.
What about you? What do you think about the rumors? What are your own thoughts about the possible changes to the iPad? What features would you prefer it to have? What other rumors have you heard?
Let us all know in the comments!